Upon your arrival, you have received a username and password for your printing account. Be sure to find those, as you'll need them for the installation.
- Decompress the driver in a folder of your choice. As a result the folder should contain a single PPD file.
- Go to System Settings and choose 'Printers' (it may vary in the different desktop environments).
- Start adding a network printer by choosing 'LPD/LPR Host or Printer'.
- For 'Host' enter 'email@example.com' and then click 'Forward'. For example, if your username is 'puzl' then 'Host' should be 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
- On the 'Choose Driver' step, provide the PPD file you have already downloaded. Click 'Forward'.
- Complete the rest of the installation process without changing any settings. Now the printer is ready for use.
Note: The described steps below may vary in the different Linux distributions or desktop environments. What is important is to provide the URI 'lpd://email@example.com' and to choose the proper driver.
Note 2: Printing over VPN can fail so be sure to disable it!