Wow....this one is complicated! We need your patience and all your skills for following instructions step-by-step. Once you complete those instructions, the use of the printing is super duper easy.
So... upon your arrival, you have received a username and password for your printing account. Be sure to find those, as you'll need them for the installation.
Step 1: Add the printer
- Unzip the driver (win32, win64) in a folder of your choice.
- Go to the Control Panel and choose 'Devices and Printers'.
- Click 'Add a printer' and choose 'Add a network printer' if you are using Windows before version 10.
- Choose "The printer that I want isn't listed" to speed up the installation process.
- Choose 'Add a printer using TCP/IP address or a hostname' and click 'Next'
- For 'Hostname or IP address' enter '10.91.10.99' and uncheck 'Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use'. Click 'Next' to continue.
- Select 'General Network card' and click 'Next' to continue.
- On the 'Install a printer driver' step, choose 'Have disk'. Then browse to the folder where you have unzipped the driver and choose the only INI file.
- From the list of printers that the driver supports, choose the C368 one.
- Click 'Finish' and please do not print a test page. The printer you have just installed is not ready for use yet.
Step 2: Check .NET Framework 3.5
NOTE: Ensure that the .NET Framework version 3.5 is installed.
- Go to the Control Panel and choose 'Programs and Features'.
- Find and click 'Turn Windows features on or off'.
- Mark '.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)' for installation if it hasn't been already installed.
- Click 'OK' to finish.
Step 3: Install the SafeQ client
- Unzip the SafeQ client in a folder of your choice and open that folder.
- Open SafeQ.ini with your text editor of choice.
- Navigate to the bottom of the file and search for the line 'AuthText=cerebrus'. Change the line by putting your username instead of 'cerebrus'. Save and close the opened INI file.
- Return to the folder where you have unzipped the SafeQ client and run Install.exe. Wait for the 'Command Prompt' window to close itself.
- Go to the Control Panel and choose 'Printer Properties' of the already installed printer.
- Navigate to the 'Ports' tab and select 'SafeQ Secure Port'
- Click 'OK' to save the change. Now the printer is ready for use.
Congrats Windows user - you're now ready to print. Go to the big machine and swipe your access control card. Add your username and password there.