Good news, you don't need coins to use the arcade! The bad news are that you can't challenge other people to Mortal Kombat games in which the loser pays the coin. I mean, it's just not the same.
Anyway, getting off track here.
Using the arcade
- Make sure the arcade is turned on and working properly. If the screen is black or shows a bunch of mumbo-jumbo console lines, unplug the power cord and plug it back in.
- Use the arcade stick to browse through the emulators (we got NES, SNES, MAME, PS1, all the good stuff).
- Press the A button to select an emulator.
- Use the stick to browse the games from that emulator.
- Press the A button to start a game.
- Go kick some ass in Tekken 3.
Note: If you've selected an old-school arcade game, you'll have to press the Select button to insert coins in order to start actually playing.
Note 2: There are detailed instructions on how to use the arcade printed on the arcade itself, as well. ?